Job Title: CAD/Civil 3D Technician
Start Date: ASAP
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a well-established engineering consultancy based in Essex. The client provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects. This role will be to provide support on a range of projects and is primarily responsible for producing detailed designs and drawings using AutoCAD & Civil 3D.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Produce drawing and design information at various stages of a project from the preliminary stages to tender and the construction stage.
- Co-ordinate information with the relevant third party (i.e architects, mechanical engineers, surveyors, members of the design team).
- To support the existing Civil Engineering team and assist with our continued growth.
- Communicate throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team leader when required.
- Attend meetings and site visits on occasions when necessary.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate will be self-motivating and proactive. A capable all-rounder with multidisciplinary experience within a well-established similar consultancy is preferable.
- HNC/HND or relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A proficient user of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT.
- Infrastructure engineering design experience including primarily utilities, highways, drainage and ground modelling.
- Previous experience with preparation of accurate coordinated detailed design drawings and details is essential.
- Demonstrate a grounded knowledge of engineering principles in relation to development infrastructure design work.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Confident in liaising with people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Generous Salary (DoE)
- Standard 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
If this role could be of interest or you would like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV