About the company
Global Water Treatment company with expansive growth year on year, can offer job security, training and career progression.
The CAD designer is required to work within the design team delivering process-water and wastewater technology solutions. The CAD designer is integral to this team producing 2D drawings and 3D models and a part of the wider team developing the full design of the technology solution.
The role is to develop drawings that capture the Process, Mechanical and Electrical aspects of the plant design.
Working with other discipline engineers to create professional looking drawings and design information. You will be required to use your experience, skill and knowledge to develop the detailed aspects of the mechanical layout design.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Generate P&ID drawings for both tender designs and detailed designs based upon the detailed information provided by Design Engineers.
- Generate 2D and 3D based GA drawings and models based upon the information provided by Design Engineers but also based upon the individual’s experience and knowledge of process plants.
- Produce drawings of sufficient accuracy and detail for the specific requirements of the project / tender within the allocated timescale.
- Produce drawings within the allocated timescale.
- Maintain standards that conform to the company standards and procedures.
- Review the design drawings of suppliers and clients and incorporate these into drawings and designs.
- Undertake occasional visits to site to view and survey an installation or planned installation.
- Produce designs that are compliant with health, safety and environmental legislative requirements.
Could this be for me?
The successful candidate will have an engineering foundation by means of working experience or qualification and is ready to embark upon a career within the water industry.
- Proven competence in using 2D AutoCAD.
- Proven competence in using PLANT 3D CAD package.
- Experience and competence in basic engineering principles and practices, in particular those applicable within a process plant environment.
- Ability and motivation to use initiative to develop and expand layout designs with a consideration for the key design features of the plant / equipment.
- Ability and motivation to use the full potential of 3D CAD systems.
- Ability and experience of being able to work to a dead-line and to plan tasks around the timescales of others.
- Without direct supervision to have an ability to proactively find information and answers so that design work is allowed to progress.
- A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop; this may include external training as required for the role.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- And also…..Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
Please contact Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.