Job Title: Chartered Structural Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes
Start Date: ASAP
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a medium-sized consultancy based in Milton Keynes. The client is looking for a Chartered Structural Engineer to lead a small office of Engineers and Technicians. Although this office is small, the client is part of a much larger network with offices across the UK.
The successful candidate must be a Chartered Engineer with a strong background in structural design, as well as having experience managing teams/projects. The role will be to oversee the day-to-day operations of the office, provide management and support to junior engineers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be experienced in the cost-effective and efficient management of multiple projects and be successful in delegation. Responsible for the production of clear, concise and accurate professional reports, documentation and correspondence for both construction professionals and domestic clients.
This is rare opportunity for a driven Engineer with management and leadership skills to join an engineering team in a remarkably rural location just outside Milton Keynes. The office is supported by a full range of administration support including practice management, HR and finance. With the right leadership the office is ripe for expansion. With offices across the UK, the client provides a supportive and professional culture. The ability to strive for the right solutions for both simple and complex design schemes is at the heart of the clients business concept
Could this role be for you?
- Experienced with multi-disciplinary consultancy detailed design work on complex engineering projects in residential, commercial and industrial sectors both for new build and modification.
- Design skills in a wide range of materials which must include a good design knowledge of concrete, masonry and steel.
- Experienced with following good quality assurance practices including a good understanding of all relevant health and safety implications of design work.
- Ability to train and mentor junior engineering staff.
- Experienced with structural appraisal of both commercial and industrial structures, residential dwellings and bridge inspections.
* A unique opportunity to be the lead in the office
* Generous Salary
* Health care Insurance
* Company sick pay scheme
* Flexible working hours
If this role could be of interest or you would like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV