Job Title: Civil Engineering Technician
Start Date: ASAP
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a well-established consultancy based in Manchester. The role is for a Civil Engineering Technician with a minimum of 2 years experience in civil design, to deliver road and drainage projects. Candidate must be proficient in both Civil 3D and Microdrainage as they will be expected to be using these softwares daily. The client provides civil and structural engineering services primarily on large commercial and industrial sites.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Design of estate roads and highway schemes including ability to design and develop planning layout and levels.
* Design of foul and surface water drainage and attenuation systems including a knowledge of sustainable drainage systems.
* Assist in negotiation of technical approvals.
* Deal with statutory undertakers regarding service diversions and new supplies.
* Visit site, attending meetings and check progress of work.
* Ensure projects are running to schedule.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate would have a background in technical design through inception through to completion of road and drainage projects. You should have a proactive approach to problem-solving and the desire to learn.
* Highly computer literate; Civils 3D and WinDes/Microdrainage essential
* Excellent spoken and written English
* Working knowledge of planning procedures, Section 38, 278, 104 and 106 Legal Agreements and CDM Regulations
* The client proactively encourages candidates to work towards Chartership
* Generous Salary (DoE)
* Health care Insurance
* Company sick pay scheme
* 23 days holiday
* Flexible working hours
If this role could be of interest or you would like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV