Diesel Electrician -Falklands Islands
Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general Facilities Maintenance and Construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites. This role is based in the Falklands Islands, working on a Defence contract.
Overtime is available to increases your income further. The contract duration is permanent, with 33 days leave excluding weekends. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company’s expense. Free accommodation, meals and work clothing will be provided.
The island is TAX FREE Status, the salary is £30k. HOWEVER, to achieve the same net take home in the UK you would need be earning a salary in the MID £40,000’s, without overtime. Not including Site and Tour bonuses totalling 15% additional Tax free salary. With no expenses on accommodation or food costs this is the perfect opportunity for you to pay off that Mortgage fast or simply save for that dream car.
Ensure all machinery, equipment, and systems on site are maintained. Overhaul, repair, test and install all electrical equipment associated with diesel driven generator sets, auxiliary equipment and switchgear up to and including 11KV and, HV/LV distribution systems up to 33KV.
Maintain Health and Safety on site, and work towards becoming an Authorised Person.
Could this role be for you?
- Experience in Steam and medium pressure hot water, Boilers and Ancillary plan
- Analogue boiler control system
- Knowledge of tools to operate and maintain boiler systems.
- Experience of an MOD environment would be preferred.
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety, Environment and quality systems. Minimum IOSH
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Ability to obtain BPSS Clearance
- Ability to obtain £46k English salary, (£34,500 NET salary, W/O Overtime)
- Working Abroad
- All expenses paid
- Defence Contract
- Progression to Authorised Person, or further
The consultant for this vacancy are Andrew Macey