Job Title: Structural AutoCAD Technician (Part-Time)
Location: East Sussex
Start Date: ASAP
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with very reputable structural engineering consultancy based in East Sussex. The client is an independent structural engineering consultancy, specialising in high quality, cost effective design solutions. This role will be to provide support to the Director on a range of projects and is primarily responsible for producing drawings using AutoCAD. The role will be working 2-3 days/week from the clients office in East Sussex
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Produce AutoCAD drawings at various stages of a project from the preliminary stages to tender and the construction stage.
- Liaising with other engineers to plan workload and resources as required.
- Communicate throughout the stages of a project with Engineers when required.
- Attend meetings and site visits on occasions when necessary.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate will be self-motivating and proactive. A capable all-rounder with structural experience within a small engineering consultancy is preferable.
- HNC/HND or relevant qualification in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Efficient and accurate production of 2D AutoCAD drawings
- Experience in working to agreed targets within a commercial environment.
- Previous experience with preparation of accurate coordinated detailed design drawings and details
- Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Confident in liaising with people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
If this role could be of interest or you would like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV