Technical Writer – Contract wide
Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Writer to join our prestigious contract based in Hertfordshire. This is a 6 month fixed term contract
To assist in the delivery of the Priority 1 Global Engineering Standards (GES) and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) policy gaps at Pharmaceutical sites.
Work with the PM, Supporting Technical Staff, SMEs and Client technical leads to establish and agree priority technical documentation activities to ensure these are delivered to time and to quality required.
Provide technical writer and policy support across a range of maturing technical transformation activities established under the mobilisation and transition programme.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create, develop, deliver and refine technical compliance files, logbooks, policy and training documents and other site-level documentation as required.
- Undertake documentation audits and support new documentation creation, working with the SMEs and Technical Teams to update all policy documentation identified for review within the GES policy gap workstreams.
- Develop accurate and clear technical documentation.
- Reading available documentation, including technical and marketing specifications and requirements.
- Testing documentation in Operations for accuracy and validity, utilising available environments.
Technical Compliance Activities, including:
- PSSR delivery.
- L8 Management.
- LEV maintenance, repair and compliance.
- L&D reviews (technical competency setting/management).
- Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) delivery.
- F&S compliance (technical review and dilapidation management).
- Technical drawing re-baseline.
Could this be for you?
- HND-Level Qualification in Technical Communications, a similar technical field or equivalent technical/engineering experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of Technical Writing experience.
- Proficiency in understanding and writing clearly about complex, sophisticated technical topics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to pay close attention to detail on many varied tasks.
- Mechanical/Electrical/L8 CP Qualified (one or more).
- 6 month contract
Please contact Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.