Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites.
We are currently recruiting for a Transition Manager to be based at our client site in Porton Down
Supporting the Change Manager and working as part of the on site FM team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in successfully transitioning a major scientific facility from its current construction state to operational capability and ongoing FM maintenance.
Responsibilities will include gaining a thorough understanding of the building services infrastructure being installed. This will facilitate required reviews of the project’s draft Health & Safety file and Operation & Maintenance manuals. The aim being to transition these into a compliant maintenance strategy, which aligns with the SFG-20 maintenance standard and industry best practice.
- To establish a good working relationship with the construction project team, to understand their programme of work and in particular to know when the commissioning of plant and equipment is taking place so that witnessing can be arranged
- When delegated, to act as the principal point of contact between the client project team and FM delivery
- To work with individual client Project Managers (PM) to identify and confirm the range and scope of handover documentation that will be needed to achieve completion
- To receive the draft handover documentation, specified for the works, from the Project Manager for review
- To liaise with the relevant FM Technical Managers and other key stakeholders.
- To ensure that the as-built and as-installed drawings required for handover have been reviewed and agreed as suitable, ready for handover to the FM CAD office
- Assist with asset data reviews.
Could this be for you?
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and experience of managing M&E systems in a large facility is key
- Experience of working in a Critical building services environment
- Experience of working within a team constructing new major building projects with a large M&E services element
- Proactive and energetic approach to performing tasks
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective working relationships to be developed
- An ability to deliver results, with a minimum of supervision, to meet agreed output dates
- HNC/HND qualification, or equivalent and above, in a relevant M&E discipline will be necessary
- Ability to gain SC security clearance is essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Government funded contract
- Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Please contact Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.